Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Power of Teenagers - Awesome


Dear Family,

Ahhh, we met this cute student from Ma On Shan on Saturday for English class. She's so nice (her English isn't bad, either). She walked in by herself for English help (the M.O.S. chapel is FABULOUS; Since it's right on the street, people walk in all the time). We scheduled to see her again on Wednesday. Oh, she's named Megan. She's amazing; she has a really sweet, believing spirit and wants to get baptized.

[Check out this smart board on the front of the ward building. Actually this is the Wan Chai church building on the island with a touchscreen tele in front.]


Please pray for Megan and YY and Tiffany and Amelia and I have such a testimony of the power of prayer for good!

We had a great lesson with this whiz of an fellowshipper, Tiffany. I am seriously awed multiple times a day by the strength of Hong Kong's Young Women. They're like 14, and they're better missionaries than I'll EVER be. I believe in the power of good example and the strength of our teenagers.

What else?! We taught 5 lessons yesterday (one while we were finding--three adorable students in MOS in the rain, one at a member's (JJ Muih, who knows the scriptures backwards and forwards) one at home with Angel, one at lunch with Viki, one at the church and one at Yuki's house during an FHE).

We got three potentials to come to a ward activity but had to leave before they got there; so busy and crazy. I really feel like we're improving so much (well... Sister C was pretty much already awesome, so I'M improving so much) in faith, teaching skills (especially the first meeting--so important!) and hope.

I'm talking more and more about baptism--really trying to develop my faith in the doctrine of Christ--which is really helping the work EXPLODE.


So many miracles. I'm also forcing my roomies to go outside with me in the morning so I can run around our chyun (it's a 45 second circuit, I timed it today... so... how many times makes a mile? 800?) and that really REALLY helps me be HAPPY :D

And to be even happier, I resolve to live like these teenagers, like there is no tomorrow and love people, be friends with everyone I meet. Then we can have their success in promoting The Word.

Love to everyone, Sister Darcey

The last picture is a famous one at Bishop Mak's (in Taai Wai) FHE. He liked my pose so much he demanded that everyone do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment, large or small and Mom will email it to me in next weeks mail. Hugs, Sister Dia