Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Family Struggles--Pray, Pray, Pray!


{NEW PHOTOS! YAY!!!}

Dear Family, I am so sorry to hear about the trials there. My heart aches and my prayers are profuse.
I got Auntie's letter and I will pray for her children and their family in NW Africa. The sister's kidnapping is so awful for these families! Hopefully the visa's will come and the children can move to America and be safer. So horrible and sad.

I have taken for granted America's freedom for so much of my life. I only hear bits and pieces of the horrible things that happened in China under the previous governments... Even in Hong Kong, where people are so proud of their "independence," they are unable to vote for the president (I found out yesterday from my native companion).

The Lord's gospel is a message of freedom and peace, and I am so grateful to have a chance to share it--but I really, really cannot comprehend what the Lord's message really MEANS to people who live in such difficult circumstances.
You can probably tell from pictures that I am putting on a little weight... ;) I guess that's what happens in a country where their phrase for "keep going!" is "ga yauh!" = "add oil!"
I love you all of you so much and am praying for you!

Add oil!!! Dia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment, large or small and Mom will email it to me in next weeks mail. Hugs, Sister Dia