Tuesday, October 25, 2011

To A Kingdom--Far, Far, Away!


Sister Darcey is heading to Yuen Long!

That's the kingdom of Far, FAR Away-- in fact,about the furthest "out" of Hong Kong that you can get and still be in Hong Kong. It's a super yauh chin (literally = "have money" = wealthy) place with HOUSES, country-side like (snakes and squitos, woot.)

It will take a LONG time to get mail, we will rarely get to the mission home. Apparently finding will be pretty hard because no one goes outside, they just drive their cars everywhere (whoah! like the U.S!) and pac muhn ("knock door") is pretty scary. SO I'M EXCITED!

I'll be with Sister C., a 1 month old "baby". So I'll be both "daaih tuhng buhn" (literally, "big companion" = senior companion) and "step-training" (the second companion a missionary has after their "mom" or "dad" first companion).



Wow, I only have 3 minutes left to write because my computer's moving super slow and I responded to lots of other emails :) but basically... what shall I tell you... Sunday and yesterday I thought I was going to DIE I was so sad to leave Tai Wai/Sha Tin/Ma On Shan.

Seriously, so sad. SIster Bingham (a missionary who has shared our apartment these past 2 moves) is going HOME today, and we realized we have the opposite problems: she felt like she was just moving to another area so it was no big deal.

I've NEVER moved so I felt like I was leaving HK forever and was HEARTBROKEN.

It was pretty funny to see us both packing, her all wide eyed and chirpy and me all depressed and sniffly... oh, and I packed pretty much ALL of HER clothes, because she's not taking any home :) yay! It pretty much tripled my wardrobe (from 2 shirts to 6...) (just kidding! from THREE shirts to nine!).

Seriously, though, I've never been so sad to leave anything EVER. Not home, not cats, not little brothers, not boyfriends, not cars, not etc etc etc. I didn't know I could BE this mh seh dak (=so don't want to leave, I think. I STILL don't know what the literally translation of that is).

Now I've done all my mourning, I think, and it's off to Yuen Long this afternoon at 3! With ANOTHER NATIVE I'M SO EXCITED!!!

Love all,
Sister D

Please tell Cam I saw a Michael Jackson shirt the other day and thought of her :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment, large or small and Mom will email it to me in next weeks mail. Hugs, Sister Dia