Thursday, October 27, 2011

Every Day is the Best Day Ever!!!

Sorry,Mom,helpmecleanthisup!!!


[Dia's computer access this week came without the advantage of a space bar. But, here it is... spaces added.]


Dear Family and Friends,

My new area--YuenLong--is totally different.

It's not too weird "step-training" because Sister Chan has been trained well by Sister Clark--SUPER well.

She's like a watchdog...a cute,fluffy watch dog -- but it is weird being a "senior companion".

I did my first call in report Sunday night, and it was sobering to realize I was going from the area of ShaTin/TaiWai/MaOnShan with about 8-10 members present per week + 5 others + 5 less active or recent converts visiting--to 1-2 members present +2 others + 1 visitors. Wow.

IN the past week I have begun to understand why Yuen Long has such a bad reputation for no baptisms for 2 years! My very first time finding (and pac muhning!) Sister Chan said, "Welcome to Gam Tin. We don't walk down the path to the right, because they are all too rich and will get mad at us and kick us out. We don't go left, because it's too quiet. We walk straight."

I asked her what "too quiet" meant?

Yeah, let's just say this area is not as safe as other areas of HK (still a far cry safer than Peru,I'm sure :D). SO keep the prayers coming and add a plea for safety.

And we won't go finding after dark in Gam Tin.

I feel way more like a "traditional" missionary here--knocking doors, getting chased by dogs, walking A TON, waiting for buses for an hour, etc. From what I've heard, this area looks a lot more like mainland or Taiwan than what I am used to. SO that's fun:D

I'm actually super excited to see this area's transformation (I'm reminded of a story about President Monson's mission in Toronto in an area he called Rocky Kingston.)

Every place we are sent has the potential to be awesome. We focus on member missionary work here because otherwise we don't baptize. It's all about the members. I guess its the same most everywhere.

That's... pretty much the bottom line. SO I'm so excited--we're teaching a"mini mtc" in the ward --a 6 week course in Preach My Gospel, Chapter One, that will teach members to listen to the Spirit and use it to help their friends.

Like Elder Darcey said in his letter, we are given the gift of the Spirit to reach others. It's our duty, it is our right, it is our obligation. And we of the chosen are honored with this responsibility.

Like Grandpa always says, "Be Happy."

Love Sister Darcey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment, large or small and Mom will email it to me in next weeks mail. Hugs, Sister Dia