Thursday, October 13, 2011

Little Known Baptism Trivia: Companions & TWINS:


We,Sister Cheung and I, Sister Darcey were baptized on December 28th and December 29th respectively in the years 2003 and 2001. WOW!

And what's even more interesting...

(Please begin here to sing this part of the letter--out loud to "Turning Japanese" [or silently if you are reading this in Biology, Aunt Shara] as that is what most closely resembles the sounds of the Cantonese language.)

"I'm becoming Cantonese, I think I'm turning Cantonese, I really think so (ba da da DA DA DA DA) turning Cantonese, I think I'm turning Cantonese, I really think so...
Why?
  • I drink UNSWEETENED soy milk straight from the carton now (and LIKE it),
  • I ate siu ngaap (pretty sure the closest translation is GREASY DUCK--skin,
  • bones, whole shebang) four times in three days this week (ON PURPOSE),
  • I now prefer drinking warm water to cold,
  • I used the phrase mouh la la correctly this week without bursting out into giggles in the middle (it means "random," but previously whenever people said it I wanted to bust up. It sounds funny because the "mouh" is low and the "la la" is really high register) and
  • I've started cooing, "so cute!" at cartoon characters plastered on stationary. Yup.... oh, and
  • my hair is getting darker, face is getting rounder, eyes are getting slanted... kidding on the last one but that's all."
(Oh, you can stop singing now.)

Anyone have any insight on how to stop being addicted to drinking coffee? C J M really wants to stop! But she's going to need a lot of help, and I personally have no idea how to kick a coffee addiction... besides watering it down every day??

I love C J M with my WHOLE SOUL she makes me so happy. She's so dahk biht and hilarious and cute and last time we scheduled her it sounded like this: (except in Chinese)

Sister Darcey: "Can we come see you on Wednesday night?"
C: "NO."
Sister Darcey: "Is 8 o'clock OK?"
C: "NOOOOO!"
Sister Darcey: "Ok, so we'll see you on Wednesday at 8, right?"
C: "I'm not free! No need! My house is very lyuhn (...messy is an OKIE translation)! Do not come! I am very busy! I will call you when I want to come to church!"
Sister Darcey: "See you on Wednesday!"

Then we went over at Wednesday at 8... and she welcomed us in and was SO HAPPPY to see us and was giggling by the time we left... she's so wonderfully funny.
I forgot to tell you (correctly) last week! The first thing I said to Y Y was "Do you know what baptism is?" not "have you ever prayed before?" !!! This is a big deal because it's a change from the usual. Yup. (except now she wants to "liuh gaih do di sin" before she sets a baptismal date, maaaaan.) (="understand more first"). Pray for YY and C and for those people in China who are diligently seeking the Change of the Lord in their lives.


Amen! And Blessings to you all, Sister Darcey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment, large or small and Mom will email it to me in next weeks mail. Hugs, Sister Dia