Sunday, April 3, 2011

Goin' Coconuts



Dear Aidan,

You are Awesome and I love your face.

I will tell you a story: Today, whilst doing laundry, Sister Farr and I met some Tongans. Sister Farr let it slip that her mom had sent her a COCONUT last week in a package (with a mini-hammer, no joke). Said Tongans got super excited and since Sister Farr and I had little motivation ourselves to conquer a coconut, we went and got it.

The Tongans broke it open with their bare hands! (On the floor in the laundry room.) It was terrifyingly awesome. All island craziness broke loose. Coconut juice flew everywhere and everyone started singing "Cabin Fever" from the Muppets Treasure Island and dancing around.

Wait, no that was a dream I had... Anyway, he so didn't need our puny hammer and everyone there got to eat coconut!

Yet, sad story:

It made the all the Polynesians homesick.

Love, your best sister on the planet, Dia

P.S. (Three Chinese characters that we have no hope of duplicating here.)

Aidan chooses to believe that it means:

"You, wonderful little brother, are keeping the parents from freaking out without me. Thanks, I owe you big time."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment, large or small and Mom will email it to me in next weeks mail. Hugs, Sister Dia