Wednesday, April 4, 2012

HA HA Sneak Attack - Email NEW DAY


Allright, all,

As I head to Macau, I am sure I will miss the new music I have loved with Sis. C!

My/Your commitment this week is so find a way to make art in my/your life!

It helps develop AND express emotion and I've missed it terribly. Even though I get to sing hymns and read scripture every day, I really felt that experiencing the music at Conference on Sunday did something for my heart that it has truly been needing for a while!


There was a mission wide musical fireside on Sunday and I really felt like my soul was filled and healed and blessed that night. The "Songs of the Heart" singers (MoTab of HK) performed "From Cumorah's Hill" which I sang in college once--it was so amazing. I love the songs Born of God and I Never Stand Alone so much.




In other news, Sister Cook and I will finish and record our duet guitar missionary song ...sometime. I Only Wish It Were To Be Before I Leave!! It's to the tune of that "I will walk 500 miles and I will walk 500 more" Irish song... the lyrics so far....

When I wake up, oh I know I'm gonna be, I'm gonna wake up on the bunkbed next to YOU.

When I go out, oh I know I'm gonna be, I'm gonna go with you cuz we go two by two.

And we would walk 500 miles and we would bike 500 more

just to be the gals who tract 1000 miles to knock now at your door.

GOING TRACTIN! And no one's home but dogs and baai sahn (Buddhist) folk.

GOING TRACTIN! We start to count "mdakhahng"s as a joke....

That's it so far, I'm so excited to write more verses (Buggin' members! or WEEKLY PLANNING! or... etc).
I am so happy and excited for this next challenge! You'll all still get pictures because Sister Marcado is coming with me to be in internation in Macau (obviously Heavenly Father knew I needed her Mexican-food-making-skills or I'd just break down, because I've NEVER heard of two missionaries being apartment mates for more than 3 moves, much less 5!!!) and I'll send some soon... maybe...

I think maybe I need to find an art form I can participate in with a group (waaaaait, is that in the white handbook..."Don't participate in groups clubs etc" haaa... well, that's awkward) because it's great to express by itself but it's heavenly to work with others to do it--whether it's a band, a choir, a team or a district or zone. Probably even if it's a committee and especially if it's a family.

I love you, my family, and I pray for you every single day. I want you to know I'm thankful for you and the patience and love and joy you've developed and expressed for me.

Love you,

Sister D ALMOST IN MACAU!


PS: Dad, you'd love Elder Kessler's job. He just figures out missionaries' money all day long. And talk to new people (you've always been my example for that).

And Mom would love organizing the mission home and writing English class curriculum and etc... just saying.

Ya'll should so go on a couple's mission. I'm just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment, large or small and Mom will email it to me in next weeks mail. Hugs, Sister Dia