Thursday, April 12, 2012

Macau Miracles ! ! ! AAAAhhhhh I Love It Here!

 So Macau is ok. I guess.
Tuen Mun

No, it really is AMAZING!!! Sister Wong is hilarious, super confident,funny, cute, short, fiery, Chinese and talks SO FAST. Her English is almost perfect (but still super funny) and I ADORE her.

Sister Cheung's bday in Tuen Mun
I'm loving reverting back to dumb, happy baby stage--following her around and not
understanding what other people are saying, not knowing where we're going, not knowing who people are and it's MARVELOUS! Seriously, I forget I'm senior companion most of the time.

Ahhhh, Macau is so weird. It's like a different mission completely--not least because we're actually in a different 'country'(SAY IT WITH ME! CHINA!!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN WALK TO MAINLAND FROM HERE!) (wait a second, you could do that in HK, too...it just feels more mainlandy here, OK?) AND we're in charge of both the Chinese and the
English/international branches!

Tuen Mun
We're a funny companionship-- it's a big change for me, coming from the queens of Yuen Long where we gallavanted around an entire HUGEST AREA EVER and two wards on our bikes and knew everyone to adding on to the SEVEN COMPANIONSHIPS in only 2 little branches here where the missionaries almost outnumber the branch members...

Tuen Mun
MACAU
Everything is slower here--the people, the zone, the food, the lifestyle. I didn't realize how go-go-go I had become being a city girl until I came to the City of Cities waaaaait. I was just in Yuen Long, the country? I don't know why.... maybe it's because of the European flavor here.

Besides fighting my basic gut instinct to whip everyone back into city frenzy, I'm really loving it. The best part is finding, and the best part of THAT is we get to find A LOT. We're "opening" a companionship, so we started with exactly one
investigator--an Indonesian, because Indonesian's usually only speak Bahasa and Cantonese, no English--and then he went back to HK. BUT we've already added 8 new investigators this week and we're planning on more. Every time we go finding it's miraculous--the Spirit is truly a fire and it's blazing.

this picture's actually from the bridge in Tuen Mun
with Sis Chan
The weather too, is following suit, and while we're able to stay out until 10:30 here in Macau, we find all night long and return to the apartment to lay on our floor as stinky/sweaty messes when we get home. I LOVE IT!!!

Tell Brian I'm so sorry I haven't sent anything for 3 weeks now, the mail in Macau is funny so we have to wait until Sundays to send it with the senior couple and then the senior couple didn't come for Conference. Did I tell you I got to watch SIXTEEN HOURS OF CONFERENCE?! And By That I Mean: Sixteen Hours!


Anyway, I love it here and I seriously tried to send pictures four times now--and I failed. It took so long and so that is the Last time.

Love you all, keep praying and thanking God for his grace,

My blessings from Him? It's amazing!

Love, Sister D

[internet photos from chinaphotos.org]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment, large or small and Mom will email it to me in next weeks mail. Hugs, Sister Dia