Wednesday, November 30, 2011

And I spoke many other words in my emails, which are not written in this email.

Dear Family,

So... yeah, sorry, I spent too much time responding to Derick and Cami and Aidan and grandpa Karon and such.

But! I can quickly tell you about this last week because it was AWESOME--

On Friday we pulled off an activity that was pretty cool because we had good attendance and a lot of fun and lots of food and lots of recent converts/investigators there and even had a projector and only planned it like 4 days in advance. We watched the Joseph Smith movie in English (the long one--don't have Chinese yet), made sure to tell everyone but then got there and everyone was like, wait, I don't know what's going on, and it was really scary but then Sister Chan and I (individually! so cool!) said a prayer in our hearts that everyone would get the gift of tongues for the next hour and 15 minutes--and it WORKED! Everyone settled down and felt the Spirit and one of our investigators who attended set a baptismal date for Christmas the day after and I don't know if those are connected but it was stilll really cool.

On Saturday (I didn't realize until Sunday) I actually kept with Darcey fam tradition of decorating the apartment for Christmas on the Friday after Thanksgiving (it was Friday in America, keep with me, people). It consisted of a 25 minute during lunch dash and using a LOT of non-Christmas decoration stuff including two fans and several scarves and was really REALLY fun.

We have several investigators right now who are working toward baptism--with an actual DESIRE to get baptized, which is kinda new to me. And AWESOME.

Tuesday had kinda funny experience--I was reading BOM (2 ne 31 v 1-5 is all I can do so far.. so I just read them over and over and over) out loud for a 5 minute language study while we were waiting for our investigator in the MTR station and the man next to us was like, WOW! YOU CAN READ CHINESE?! WHAT BOOK IS THAT? And we were all too pleased to explain it... so funny. It was an exhausting physically but exciting and not-as-stressful mentally week, which is wonderful.

Elder Dodd is leaving (our district leader) to be a zone leader on the HK island, and (it sounds weird, but don't think so much) I don't know what I'll do without him. He was just a SUPER GOOD leader and missionary, and I'm kinda worried the stresses of Yuen Long will be too much without his help. BUT onward, ever onward and here we goooo!

Love forever, Hurrah for Israel, Vanquish every foe... Sister D

PS I CAN EAT MOCHI AGAIN!

I gave it up b/c Carrie gave up smoking--but (me) only for a month.

PPS taking Sacrament before baptism--dak mh dak? I think OK, but several of our ward members think NO, so you can imagine the problems that come up as Sacrament is passed... Love ya'll bye!

1 comment:

  1. Hi sister Darcey! This is Alice, rmb me? the summer missionary! It's good to see you here! Enjoy your mission in Hong Kong^^

    ReplyDelete

Make a comment, large or small and Mom will email it to me in next weeks mail. Hugs, Sister Dia