Thursday, February 2, 2012

Mercies and Miracles




Letter Page II

I'm a little sick today so I got excused from the zone activity (such a fugitive) and got to sleep for 30 minutes! And I'm wearing a facemask, so weird. Here, because of SARS a couple years ago, if you're sniffling at all on the train or bus people will literally OFFER you a mask. So odd. It might just be allergies, not a big deal.

Miracles all week! One was getting fonged [stood up?] because our 9 year old investigator and her little bro got out of school late. We then prayed, decided to find a bathroom and magically ran into them around the other side of the estate. [park] So we got to teach them English and the tree of life after all, yay!


Oh, but the BIGGEST mercy was that this gal's big big brother E. (recent convert, then got all... back to
badness, put back in his earrings and didn't want the priesthood and never came to church etc) has TOTALLY CHANGED! We have no idea what the Lord did in his life, no idea what happened but he showed up with lil sis Saturday afternoon two hours early for English class and Sunday morning 30 minutes early to church... wow. We're so amazed and thankful; I love that kid!

Another was Monday night--teaching S. and finally helping her set a baptismal date! She's 15 and an "old soul"--SUPER smart (into physics, I even have trouble helping her with her English homework) (OK, that's not saying a lot since my english is horrible now) and very very very Buddhist. But she LOVES the Book of Mormon. We've been
working with her for about two months now. Their family was a member referral from our correlator and they're so so so provident but on Sunday still chang'd us to a TON of food--so heart enlivening actually, to see how much they love and revere this sacred work.





Anyway, on Monday we watched the Restoration with her and S L (a 14 year old member)




[WATCH OUT ! ! ! Total non-sequitor]




More on her: lil sis of the gal who just went to BYU Hawaii and whom I told to look up Amber Blair and then Amber sent me a letter and I LOVED the earrings thanks Amber!!!... anyway)




...and the Spirit was indescribable. We challenged her to fast this coming Sunday with us (and SL!) for a confirmation of her choice to get baptized February 26th--and she said she's willing. Amazing spirit and lesson and girl. I'm so blessed to be seeing and hearing these things every day!

Best quote of the week:
My hair band was coming out of my ponytail. Sister Cook noticed and mentioned,
"Hey, your hair's falling out."
I looked at her --we both paused for a second, "Um, I know."
Then we both busted up laughing :D ha ha ha haaaaaaa

I'll probably cut it shorter today. Too scared to get a Chinese bob, but I'll get a couple inches off, for sure. I'm not gonna buy a wig, not mentally prep'd for that yet. And it doesn't look THAT bad yet :D Did get blood work, we'll see how that turns out next week. Hugs family,

Love you all, no worries here (or not many anyway).



Sister Dia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment, large or small and Mom will email it to me in next weeks mail. Hugs, Sister Dia