Wednesday, February 15, 2012

More CHINA Dates and Hong Kong Suplises


To Continue:

On Monday, the president of our Mission, showed up at our apartment (surprise!) and held interviews with us. I  showed him our "Happy Tree", the piece of plastic we sticky-tac'd to our wall and drew/wrote miracles on so that we would remember the joy and the success of missionary work. He simply said, in his adorable accent that I'll never forget my whole life, "Sister Darcey, in fact, you don't need a tree. I can tell you, you are an excellent missionary."

He then talked just a little. He is so powerful... he only says like three sentences, but they are SO profound. He spoke about not sacrificing more than you have. The Lord wants a sacrifice of righteousness but he only wants what he asks for.

In comp study on Tuesday we tried to figure out what that is that He asks of each of us--and on Wednesday I think we figured out that we're really already consecrating and giving it all, we just need to do as He asks and trust Him more. I think we do that through relaxing and relying on Him.

On a lighter note to end, I got asked on a Valentine's Day date! I was just walking along on Daai Tung Road (busiest street in Yuen Long) minding the Lord's business when I heard "Mo Muhn Gaau?" which means that I must immediately stop in my tracks and try to explain to someone that we're not an evil church. I looked over and found a WAAAAAAY-too-interested-20-something-Chinese male walking along beside us and asking me to explain the Bible to him and could he come to church with me and what was my number and could I come visit him at his house and what was I doing tonight and then Oh my goodness, then he put his hand on my shoulder (it's been a LOOOONG time since I've been touched by a male in any way besides a handshake bleeeeeh) and his face was 5 inches from mine and he asked, "Do you have blue eyes?!"

Oh, man. Sister C was pretty much cracking up and I was like, "Um, we have to get on THIS TRAIN, goodbye!"
And we got on the light rail pulling up with absolutely no idea where it was going--but not until he forced me to give him a number (I gave him my OLD number from my last area and then called those sisters and told them not to answer it, haaaaaaa). Sister C's explanation was just perfect: "What did he THINK would happen? You're a SISTER MISSIONARY! Did he think you'd just say,

*speaking in falsetto* "Oh, yes, I want to give up my life of serving in the church and run away with you! Something in your aura just caught my heart away! Can I meet you tonight?" Bleeeeeeeh ;)

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make his/my/our date that night as we had a lesson at W's house planned (and taught two more suplise lessons on the way, woot!) but I did take out Sister C for a romantic neon-lit dinner of steamed rice, salty fish and greasy octopus patties mmmmmm. 

Got Cami's package and a lot of mail that night, so fun! So perfect, on the list of best Valentines ever ;)

1 John 4:11 is what we've been writing on all our Valentines all week. Everyone could read the whole chapter to remember the source of all love and goodness, our Savior.

Love forever and throughout eternity,
Sister Dia Darcey

PS no camera this week it's a long story :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment, large or small and Mom will email it to me in next weeks mail. Hugs, Sister Dia