Thursday, June 7, 2012

Happy 30th Anniversary!


Hi my wonderful family! Leih deih hou ma?
 
I'm doing wonderfully and loving my mission. I see Heavenly Father's help and guidance and hand every day! Everytime we--two totally white girls who, only five years ago, were still in high school worrying about tests and zits and boys and cars--find an address in a Chinese town in the middle of nowhere in HK, or open some complete stranger's heart and eyes to the warmth and joy Jesus Christ wants to offer them, or even find something sorta GF and cheap to eat on the run from the church to the train to the bus to the church as we're picking up people, meeting others, helping and serving and running around crazy. 

I love this time, and I'm also learning that it doesn't have to be a crazy, senseless and frantic stressed-out rush to be "successful"--sometimes busy doesn't necessarily mean "anxiously engaged in a good cause". 

This week my companion's been even sicker, and for the past 2 days we've been almost entirely at home (or in zone conference in Kowloon Tong). Pray for her health.  BUT we've still seen so many blessings--one miracle should be included on this picture of a letter I will send a friend today (Mom, you can transcribe it--I hope--and put it on the blog). I know God helps us in every moment and is infinitely concerned with our lives troubles and cares. We can do so much good in the world!

Oops, wasn't finished.
No worries about forgetting to write letters, I didn't even notice. Everyone should prob stop writing within the next ...6 weeks or so, anyway, or I won't get the letters before I go home! Tee hee. Although I guess I did subconsciously wish that someone was caring about what I wrote YOU, because this week I was happy to realize I have big news that SHOULD get a big reaction:  I'M asking to extend but Pres Chan will probably say no as everyone has purchased tickets.  
 
If there's one thing I've learned here it's that God works in ALL good ways. The call to serve is not a 'WRONG' reason to get baptized---or to serve a mission, or even to get married. Sure, the feeling and the drive and the "testimony" is essential--but baptism is the first step, not the final. We can't progress without it, and lots of times investigators get STUCK waiting. please read Pres. Uchdorf's talk, "Waiting on the Road to Damascus," with Aidan?
 
I love you and I"m thankful for you. SOrry you're going to have to piece together a blog post this week from the letters I've sent to you, dad and Ian. Thanks for doing that for me.

Love ya

SMILE!  (To be Spiritually Minded is Life Eternal)
 
Sister Darcey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment, large or small and Mom will email it to me in next weeks mail. Hugs, Sister Dia