Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Kitchen Floor Tiny --Cockroaches Not So Big

Page TWO:

[Send letters, not people. Here is a photo of the newly-returned-from-the-Peruvian-mission cousin trying to get to Hong Kong in the traditional mail manner. posted by the Mum.]

More from Dia's letter -- Week Eight in Hong Kong:

OH! I met Ian's wife this week. Her name is Vashti (I know, evil queen in OT... I haven't asked the derivation) and she's AWESOME. She loves Harry Potter with a VENGEANCE. And she's a great fellowshipper, and she loves writing and reading and drawing, and she speaks flawless English. AND she's going to BYU this week for EFY and a writing workshop! She's so awesome! And she loves "the yellow wallpaper" which is an awesome short story that I also love... anyway. (YiYiYi, I am so short on typing time!!!!) She and Ian are going to make such a cute couple. Mostly because I want her to be my sister.

Quick and hilarious story: Last Th night we visited Sara and her family. Sara wants to get baptized but her parents are against it, which may be for the best since Sara's only 14 and not very mature. So we went over to help the kids prep for hou-sih (exams)--Sister B. taught her little bro English and I taught her Biology, physics and chemistry (yeah... in CANTONESE...)

If we didn't have the Spirit of the Lord blesses our mouths, I think what we try to do would sound a little bit nuts and A LOT presumptuous).

Anyway, Sara she pulled me aside (I, blissfully ignorant, went along) and tried to explain why she was SO HAPPY. She had started dating a boy. A boy who had done skanky things previously (picture me, not even knowing the word for date, trying to figure this out from an all-together too comfortable with body parts 14 year old...).
Yup, I learned all the bodily vocab. I would ever, EVER, need to explain the law of chastity in DETAIL (waaaaaaaaay too much detail, actually). It was pretty awkward (hilarious later).

Then her mom offered to feed us. (Gulp--fear get thee behind me,) and we ate... Crab--real crab! That stuff you've eaten at red lobster is NOT crab. These crabs are little--maybe 1/4 of your palm--and whole. And you eat the WHOLE THING... crunching and sucking and cracking and that was probably the hardest (most difficult or chewiest?) food experience I've ever had to endure.

To finish our crazy awesome night, her ADORABLE little sister (about 2 years old?) ran out from where she was bathing in the back--stark naked and grabbed my leg, screeching in baby-Cantonese (which sounds a lot like Martian) for us not to leave (I think...) and kissed me on the thigh. Basically the best experience of my life! :)

OH BABIES!!!!

Love, love, love, Sister Dia

Mom took the liberty of placing a link here of our family's favorite Chinese baby site Starfish Foster Home. (The BYU graduate who runs a pediatric special needs orphanage in China.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment, large or small and Mom will email it to me in next weeks mail. Hugs, Sister Dia