Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My Companion - Life-long Friendships

Dia quote from first letter: "My companions are great. Sister Farr is LOUD!!! She is gorgeous and kind and 22 and danced at BYU and reminds me of a mix between Ashley Nixon, NaTasha Chandler and… Mother Teresa. She’s SO nice, so generous, so kind, so sweet and so not-easily-offended. Oh and did I mention LOUD? I love her. Elder Smith, my other companion cracks me up, too—he’s so 19 years old. It’s awesome, like having a little brother around all the time."

One of our classes was a great study of companionism, for missionaries, for married life, for church callings, at work, whatever our companions.
  • Live and Teach by the Spirit: You are your companion's keeper and you both must strive to keep every commandment. Every rule, even those you don't understand yet.
  • Study Together, Pray, study and Obey and recognize you are there to help others feel the spirit!
  • Work Together, if you are depressed, change things up and work. Discouraged, work, confused, WORK - Ezra T. Benson
  • Laugh together: One class this week was on the healing power of laughter. See the Miraculous Medicine of Laughter by Don Colbert MD
  • Be flexible and open to new ideas: Our speaker's "My mission was important to me" story: I had a new companion and he wouldn't tract! After he transferred, he got top baptisms, How??? He still wasn't tracting. He was working with the people who needed him, the part-member families. And he gets every friend and every co-worker of theirs and baptizes them! "That's cheating." I said! PMG: Missionary Work is not just tracting! Use the ward council, work with the less active/part member families. Retention was President Hinckley's clarion call, Rescue is Pres. Monson's.
posted by the elder Sister Darcey--Mom, from Dia's letters and notes from Mission messages in March 2011.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment, large or small and Mom will email it to me in next weeks mail. Hugs, Sister Dia