Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sister Darcey, You Look Like:


Things I've literally heard this week (Chinese people are blunt; gotta love it. Love it and laugh, or cry! ):

Sister Darcey, you look like...
"a flower that hasn't been watered in a long time,"
"you need a nap,"
"40 years old,"
 "sick,"
 "dead." 

All of these (except in Chinese).

Bwahaha! I feel alternately super stressed/ anxious/hurried/out of time/ rushing/ wanting to do everything and super soul-weary/apathetic/bleary/old/grumpy/impatient--but no worries, usually I am happy and not trunky. The problem isn't me--it's EVERYONE ELSE! (mmm, THAT sounds like a healthy coping technique... I've moved from denial to blame, what's next?

 Am I making up my own grieving process? Is one of the stages "hoarding large amounts of Chinese food in my suitcase"? Can someone write me one where that IS a step?  Derick, I pick you. ) 


Anyway. Seriously! Not my fault! Everytime I TALK to ANYONE it sounds like this, "Hi, how are you?" "Hi---OH! When do you finish?! What are you going to do when you get home?? Is it weird??? Are you trunky?? Do you have anyone waiting?? Where does your family live??? Are you going back to school??" ARRrrgrrh. 

Anyway!  BACK TO THE WORK!  We have some great goals and plans, we ARE going to keep working really hard to help our investigators get baptized AND summer is the busiest, best, most amazing and simultaneously most sanfu (body bitter... kinda means hard) time. We have a great member who basically never got off his mission in his head (he has 4 busy crazy kids, is a PhD in some kind of math something, works from home and two other offices and has helped two of our investigators get jobs and another totally improve her grades to help her get baptized) and is now starting a free math and accounting camp every Tuesday and Friday for our YW aged investigators and members AND new referrals. It's already bringing so many miracles! I'm so thankful, and it makes me want to pursue something in college that will give me more opportunities to serve the community and build up the church. 

We're hiking Dragon's Back today; pray we don't get heatstroke. I'm doing it to see if it's fun or not for Dad, Aidan, Song Daaih Hing and anyone else who wants to hike it with me in December. Also Sister Cs has been dying to go hike for like ... since she started her mission :) We're taking a LOT of water.

We're also doing ANOTHER girl's hair for graduation in 5 minutes (this is the fourth this week! Who knew I'd be able to serve in this weird way??? Someone tell Kathleen, Mati and Genelle Anderson I mean ...Powell? for me ha) and having a Girl's Night tonight--I'm going to teach hair braiding and to make those flower hair clips and the Kwun Tong sisters will make cookies with the thousands of people who said they'd come... we're so excited. 

Busy and HAPPY and keep praying I won't get trunky I love you people!!
Sister D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment, large or small and Mom will email it to me in next weeks mail. Hugs, Sister Dia