Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Little Glow Worm Continued


And so it continues...

Tuesday we went finding--and we ran into a member whose phone number we'd just tried and that had been  CANCELLED.  The Lord is mysterious right?  But she gave us her new number--and then the member came with us--and then we found four new investigators and two of them came back the next day to English class and brought another friend and they're coming again today with ANOTHER friend!

Miracles!!!

Yesterday I made a call, just so I could purge our telephone of old former investigator's numbers and it was answered by an individual who came to English class-with another friend. Miracle, yay!

Today we navigated Mong Kok to the Crocs store and back to the library in 15 short minutes to make our appointment to email--miracle! (We seriously prayed that I'd be able to find it, because Mong Kok is TERRIFYING).   These are the happiest missionary shoes, cheap, comfy and waterproof!!!!  

But then the miracles end and my computer was dumb for 40 minutes... Eh, whatever, at least Sis Clements got to email her family on time.

I'm kinda whitewashing my world right here... trying to convince myself that it's all happy.  Truthfully, I'm weighted with the responsibility of a very new companion in an area totally new to me--but the members are great (even if I don't know them well yet) and we're having patience and working hard and being obedient and PATIENT and focusing on individual people. And I'm focusing on my companion.

Sorry, I know this is all so random--but I'm just walking on clouds lately (not because everything's been easy! But because God is so good anyway!) and particularly after the blessings of yesterday. 

Everyone in our zone was called to WanChai--A "just drop everything and come" kind of call. So weird. When we got there it was a meeting for a Pres-Chan's-leaving-and-wants-to-do-one-last-interview kinda thing. 

I went into my conference with him and was floored. Pres Chan is really, really grateful for MY service. And said that he called me to TKO right now because he needed a strong sister in the mission.  He said I support and renew every area I go to and every companion and roommate I contact. 

AND,  And, and, for some reason he thinks my Chinese is ...the best in the mission. He SAID that!?!??!!! 

And he thinks I GLOW! That was the only part where I didn't turn around in my chair to look for the person of whom he might be speaking.... because I DO feel like I'm glowing :D 

I am so, so happy, and I want to hold up Christ's light for others to follow home.  It's a hard area and people in hard, hard situations but I can't help but smile. Seriously.

So keep smiling, everyone. And hold up the light... Matthew 5: 14-16  "Ye are the light of the world.  A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid.  Neither do men light a candle and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

Let your light so shine before men, that they may  see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."  

Love you so much,
Sister Darcey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment, large or small and Mom will email it to me in next weeks mail. Hugs, Sister Dia